Optus is pleased to announce the publication of its 2010 Corporate Responsibility Report, highlighting the company’s performance against its economic, social and environmental objectives for the financial year ending 31 March 2010.
Titled Connecting Australia, this is the 11th report Optus has published as part of its long-standing commitment to being transparent and accountable to stakeholders. The report is available at http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/SingTel/2010/?ID=33826
The report details Optus’ key customer, employee, community and environmental impacts, focusing on:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and its role in the transition to a low-carbon economy
- Customer safety and service
- Communications as a driver for economic and social development.
Highlights of the 2010 Optus Corporate Responsibility Report include:
- Invested $1.05 billion in network expansion, up one per cent from last year
- Achieved 14 per cent year-on-year reduction in complaints to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, placing Optus in an industry-leading position
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 1.8 per cent from 2009, despite increasing network reach
- Increased employee engagement score to 75 per cent despite tough economic conditions
- 20 per cent of our people contributed 18,000 volunteer hours to community initiatives
- Moved more customers to online billing resulting in savings of 76,800 reams of paper a year
- Fostered partnerships with community organisations, launching the Starlight Foundation’s Livewire program to hospital wards to promote social inclusion through telecommunications.
The report applies the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 Guidelines to an ‘A’ application level.
Optus is a 100 per cent owned subsidiary of the SingTel Group with a workforce of over 10,300 employees and operating revenue of AU$8.95 billion in the 2010 financial year. In Australia, Optus is a leader in integrated communications, providing a broad range of communications services to more than 8 million customers every day.
NEWS FACTS / RESOURCES:
Read this announcement online http://www.reportalert.info/reportprofile.php?ID=33826&year=2010
See all recent CSR report announcements here http://www.ReportAlert.info
This reporting information has been sent to you by http://www.ReportAlert.info
. Visit http://www.CorporateRegister.com
to access 28,500 CSR reports.
+44 207 014 3366