CEMEX (NYSE:CX) has released its 2010 Sustainable Development Report, which met a GRI-checked level of A+ for the third consecutive year. To download the full report or its executive summary, please visit: http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/Cemex/2011/?ID=37582
In this latest report, CEMEX shows significant progress in major priority areas such as workplace safety, sustainable construction, carbon strategy, environmental and biodiversity management, and its contribution to provide affordable housing and infrastructure to strengthen the communities where it operates.
Some particular highlights include:
- Reduced employee Lost-Time Injury frequency rate by 19%, developed the CEMEX Health and Safety Management System, and continued the roll-out of LEGACY, the company’s in-house flagship safety leadership program.
- Launched a new CO2 footprint tool, the first of its kind in the industry, to be able to measure and disclose the greenhouse gas emissions of products.
- Increased alternative fuels substitution rate in cement plants to 20.3% and introduced a new target of 35% by 2015, the most ambitious in the industry.
- Cut CO2 net emissions per ton of cementitious products by 20.5% compared to 1990 baseline.
- Completed a multi-year scoping study on the biodiversity status of 543 sites. Identified 131 sites that overlap with areas of high biodiversity value. CEMEX will implement Biodiversity Action Plans in these sites by 2015.
- Over 45,000 families improved their homes through the award-winning program Patrimonio Hoy.
The report includes an external limited assurance statement by PricewaterhouseCoopers for the fifth consecutive year, and a statement by the company’s Sustainable Development Reporting Advisory Panel.
The company welcomes your views at firstname.lastname@example.org
CEMEX is a global building materials company, providing high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Read this announcement http://www.reportalert.info/reportprofile.php?ID=37582&year=2011
See all recent CSR report announcements http://www.ReportAlert.info
This reporting information has been brought to you by http://www.ReportAlert.info.
Visit http://www.CorporateRegister.com to access 32,600 CSR reports.