Special October Newsletter on the Best New Resources for Adaptation, Development, Sustainability and Nonprofit Programs
THIS MONTH'S NEWS
We have so many excellent resources come through CSDi that we are sharing them in an occasional, special newsletter. Fully access and download these resources. These resources encompass manuals, handbooks, scientific studies and case studies.
Fall training programs begin on October 29. Learn More.
OCTOBER NEWSLETTER SUMMARY:
Find current, downloadable tools and documents on these themes:
1. CLIMATE CHANGE:
- How can the private sector contribute to delivering climate justice?
- FIELD’s Guide for REDD-plus negotiators
- Participatory Biodiversity Monitoring for REDD+: Considerations for national REDD+ programmes
- By 2047, Coldest Years May Be Warmer Than Hottest in past, Scientists Say
- CSDi Distance Learning Fall Academy in climate change, adaptation and DRR. Courses begin October 29.
2. ADAPTATION TO CLIMATE CHANGE:
3. CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE:
- Agricultural Management for Climate Change Adaptation, Greenhouse Gas Mitigation, and Agricultural Productivity. Insights from Kenya
- Climate Resilient Sustainable Agriculture Experiences from ActionAid and its partners
- Climate Change Adaptation Strategies: Water Resources Management Options for Smallholder Farming Systems in Sub-Saharan Africa
4. WATER MANAGEMENT:
- Water Security for Better Lives
- Water Use Master Plan (WUMP). A concept to equitably share water resources within and amongst rural communities
- Water for Rural Communities: How Kenyan rural communities can create their own water supplies with assistance from Water Services Trust Fund
- Planning of Sustainable Land and Water Management in Mbulu and Karatu Districts in Tanzania
- Agricultural based Livelihood Systems in Drylands in the Context of Climate Change. Inventory of Adaptation Practices and Technologies of Ethiopia
- Breaking Down the Silos: Integrating Environmental Sustainability in the Post-2015 Agenda
- Reducing ‘forest footprints’: tackling demand for forest-risk commodities
7. COLLECTIVE ACTION:
- Links between tenure security and food security
- Land grabbing: is conservation part of the problem or the solution?
- Land matters for the environment — especially the commons
- Empowering Communities through Market led Development: Community Agro-enterprise Experiences from Uganda and Malawi
- Linking Farmers to Market: Some Success Stories from Asia-Pacific Region
- Linking Farmers to Markets: An Agro-enterprise Approach
- How to turn that volunteer gig into a paying job
10. FOOD SECURITY AND NUTRITION:
- 1st Africa Food Security and Adaptation Conference Report
- Monsanto buys the Climate Corporation
- Are mobile phones helping farmers?
- New Ingredients Sprout from the Cracks
- Innovation of the Month: Aeroponic Technology
- CGIAR Chairman's forward, written for UNCTAD’s Trade and Environment Review 2013 - "Wake Up Before Its Too Late”
- Improving the Livelihoods of the Resource-Poor Smallholder Farmers and Producers in Developing Countries
- Urban and peri-urban agriculture and climate change: Call for articles./li>
- Generating demand and community support for sexual and reproductive health services for young people