Six hundred business leaders, investors, environmentalists and policy-makers will gather at the Ceres annual conference, Igniting Innovation, Scaling Sustainability, May 11-12 at Oakland’s Marriott City Center to accelerate the transition to a sustainable economy while tackling thorny issues, such as natural gas ‘fracking,’ water scarcity and how to finance the huge market for energy efficiency retrofits.
For the full conference agenda see: www.ceres.org/Page.aspx?pid=1326
Plenaries and workshops include:
· Collaborators or competitors? Advancing clean energy in the U.S. and China
· Accelerating pickup of electric vehicles
· Natural gas: Friend or foe?
· Cracking the energy efficiency financing challenge
· Water matters: Case studies in corporate water risk management
Leading conference speakers include:
· R. James Woolsey, Chairman of Woolsey Partners LLC and a Venture Partner with Lux Capital Management, and Former CIA Director
· Mary Nichols, Chairman, California Air Resources Board
· Jon Krahulik, Managing Director, Global Head of Clean Technology Investment, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
· Dr. Jiang Lin, Senior Vice President and Director, China Sustainable Energy Program, The Energy Foundation
· Hannah Jones, Vice President, Sustainable Business and Innovation, Nike
· Mindy Lubber, President, Ceres
· Thomas Steyer, Founder, Senior Managing Member, Co-Managing Partner, Farallon Capital Management LLC
· Dr. Zhengrong Shi, Chairman of the Board of Directors, CEO, Suntech
· Bill Green, Macquarie Capital Funds
· John Anderson, President, CEO, Levi & Strauss Co.
TO PARTICIPATE: The conference will be held May 11 and 12 at the Marriott City Center in Oakland. Contact Meg Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-319-6457 (cell) to obtain a press pass.
CONTACT: For more information, or to arrange one-on-one interviews with conference speakers, contact Meg Wilcox, Ceres, (617) 319-6457 (cell) or email@example.com or Peyton Fleming, Ceres, (617) 733-6660 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ceres leads a national coalition of investors, environmental groups and other public interest organizations that works with companies to address sustainability challenges such as global climate change. For more information, visit www.ceres.org.