The International Business Leaders Forum and the U.S.-Russia Business Council will hold the 'Third Annual Russia Legal Forum' on 9 June 2011 in London, on the broader issues faced by companies in the legal and regulatory environment in Russia, including foreign investment and corruption.
Organised in co-operation with IBLF, the U.S.-Russia Business Council's 'Third Annual Russia Legal Forum' on 9 June 2011 will focus on the broader issues that companies face in the legal and regulatory environment in Russia. View the latest agenda here.
The Forum will cover issues related to foreign investment in Russia, the state of the Russian judiciary, minority shareholder rights, and developments related to anti-corruption. It will include a "Conversation on Legal Reform and Corporate Governance" with E. Neville Isdell, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, and Richard Thornburgh, former Attorney General of the United States, and moderated by Richard Dean, Partner at Baker & McKenzie.
The keynote address will be delivered by Richard Alderman, Director of the UK Serious Fraud Office and the man responsible for the implementation of the UK Bribery Act which is due to come into effect on 1 July 2011. Please note that the USRBC is offering a 30% discount on 3rd Annual Russia Legal Forum registration fees to IBLF's corporate partners (see below).
The event will also see Brook Horowitz, IBLF's Executive Director, Russia moderate an exciting panel themed 'Global Anti-corruption Legislation and Risk Management'. He said: "Such a forum is particularly timely with the issue of corruption becoming centre stage in the list of top concerns for both governments and businesses. With Russia poised to adhere to the OECD's anti-bribery convention by the end of 2011, the issue of how companies manage the risk of corruption is particularly critical. "
Confirmed speakers include:
• Richard Alderman, Director, UK Serious Fraud Office
• William Bowring, Professor of Law, Birkbeck College-University of London
• Laura Brank, Partner, Dechert LLP
• Ian Colebourne, Partner, KPMG
• Thomas Firestone, Resident Legal Advisor, U.S. Embassy - Moscow
• Bruce Marks, Managing Director, Marks & Sokolov
• Denis Morozov, Representative of the Russian Federation, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
• Valery Musin, Chair, Civil Procedure Law Faculty, St. Petersburg State University
• Sanford Saunders, Co-Managing Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig LLP
Cost per attendee: £610 (GBP) To register, please click here.