THIS MONTH'S NEWS
February's 35 Top Resources: Adaptation | Gender | DRR | Spring Training | Climate Finance | Development
Special February Newsletter on the Best New Resources for Adaptation, Development, Sustainability and Nonprofit Programs
We have so many excellent resources come through CSDi that we are sharing them in an occasional, special newsletter. Fully access and download these resources. These resources encompass manuals, handbooks, scientific studies and case studies.
CSDi spring training programs begin on March 4. Learn More.
FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER SUMMARY:
Find current, downloadable tools and documents on these themes:
1. CLIMATE CHANGE:
- Climate Change Is a Challenge For Sustainable Development
- Farmers in a changing climate – Does gender matter?
- CSDi Distance Learning Winter Academy in climate change, adaptation and DRR. Courses begin March 4.
2. CLIMATE FINANCE:
- Ensuring devolution supports adaptation and climate resilient growth in Kenya
- The indirect effects of adaptation: Pathways for vulnerability redistribution in the Colombian coffee sector
- Minimum Standards for local climate smart disaster risk reduction
- Community Based Adaptation: An Empowering Approach for Climate Resilient Development and Risk Reduction
- Climate Change Vulnerability and Capacity in the Arid and Semi-arid Lands
- New Report and Communique from the West Africa Learning Event on CBA
- Handbook of the Climate Change Movement
- Community-Based Adaptation to Climate Change. Scaling it up
- Optimum fisheries management under climate variability: Evidence from artisanal marine fishing in Ghana.
4. CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE:
- Everything you wanted to know about Climate Change and Agriculture
- Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction - Good Practice
- Community-based Disaster Risk Management: Field Practitioner’s Handbook
- Good Practices & Lessons Learnt on Community Based Disaster Risk Management in Upland Vietnam
- Community Based Early Warning System: A Best Practice Guide for Upland Areas of Vietnam
- Framework on Community Based Disaster Risk Management in Upland Areas of Vietnam
- Flood Preparedness Initiatives of High Risk Communities of Jakarta
- Conceptualizing an established network of a community based flood early warning system: Case of Cawang, East Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Good Practices of Enhancement Early Warning System for High Populated Cities – A case study of Jakarta Flood
6. AGRICULTURE AND NUTRITION:
- Effectiveness of agricultural interventions that aim to improve nutritional status of children: systematic review
- The role of integrated home gardens and local, neglected and underutilized plant species in food security in Nepal
- Agricultural Biodiversity Is Essential for a Sustainable Improvement in Food and Nutrition Security
- Trees in Home Gardens: Making the Most of an Age-Old Practice to Improve Food Security and Nutrition
- The Seeds of a New Generation
- Sharing the Land: Restoring Degraded Ecosystems and Improving Livelihoods Through Agroforestry
- Local Environmental, Economic and Social Tragedies of International Interventions on Community Based Forest Management for Global Environmental Conservation: A Critical Evaluation
- Plan Vivo Standard for Community Payments for Ecosystem Services
- Coastal Blue Carbon Opportunity Assessment for the Snohomish Estuary: The Climate Benefits of Estuary Restoration
10. COLLECTIVE ACTION:
- Gender and Equity Implications of Land-Related Investments
- Women, Donors and Land Administration The Tanzania Case
- Land Tenure Regularization in Rwanda
- The Impact of Land Property Rights Interventions on Investment and Agricultural Productivity in Developing Countries: a Systematic Review
11. ISLAND STATES:
- Kiribati: Tiny island’s struggle with overpopulation
- Ecosystem Approaches in Integrated Water Resources Management
Tim Magee, Executive Director
Would you like to subscribe to this newsletter?
The Center for Sustainable Development specializes in providing sound, evidence-based information, tools and training for humanitarian development professionals worldwide. CSDi is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.