Development Crossing

Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability

Is methane production for electricity from Urban Waste Landfill part of CDM that contributing for sustainable development?

Is methane production for electricity from Urban Waste Landfill part of CDM that contributing for sustainable development?

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there,

It definitely is. Examples can be found in Brazil and other places. The Netherlands receive credits for this under Kyoto. It must be possible to find info on this. I don't have docuentation.

Good luck!
Hi there, I looked it up for you. More info at http://www.cleanairnet.org/lac_en/1415/article-59489.html

All the best,
Dear Sir,

It is a nice feedback! Brazil, the Netherlands, Tanzania, etc have received credits for this under Kyoto. As long as total avoidance of waste is impractical, such renewable energy means should be encouraged and technologically supported by R & D.

Belete B.
Hello,

I was reading your discussion topic and I just wanted to add that there is a new movie coming out called FUEL. This is an award winning documentary about America's addiction to fuel and poses some alternative fuel solutions. I know that urban waste is a possibility discussed in the film. If you would like to check it out you can go to www.thefuelfilm.com. FUEL is opening in LA and Santa Monica this weekend and you can check the website for show times. If you are not in the area, I highly recommend seeing this film when it does reach a theater near you.

Have a good one,

Kelsey
While a pregnant woman is in labor, we know that something new and lovely is coming out from her to the world.

Last year, this self centered laypeople from Oil producing countries(like OPEC), instigated and engrossed the World into the unforgettable mess smoldering till now, by just increasing their monopolized but naturally endowed resources for whatever reasons they think. Yes, today they are paying their price for their catastrophic effects on us! Of course, the superior video you recommended is one hope. We will expect more from this dynamic generation; fair enough, the technology makes our life easier and simpler not as the greedy groups assume.

Belete B

RSS

© 2019   Created by Development Crossing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service