(Source: Report Alert
) “Trust is built through proof” marks AXA’s 6th year of public Corporate Responsibility reporting, further elaborating on the Group’s integration of CR into its business of financial protection: life insurance & savings, property & casualty insurance, asset management and banking. 2008 CR highlights include:
- AXA Research Fund: a 100M€ endowment to support fundamental academic research over five years.
- “Green” products: automotive, homeowners and SME insurance, retail banking.
- The pooling of affiliates’ reinsurance capacity to address underwriting needs in the renewable energies sector.
- Responsible investment: new HR theme-based SRI fund; “ESG mainstreaming” tool; advanced environmental real estate asset management.
- Survey revealing that 4.75% of AXA’s share capital is owned by SRI investors.
- 17% reduction in CO2 emissions per employee between 2007 and 2008.
- Sustainable sourcing: extension of social and environmental screening to 81% of Group suppliers.
- Formal external auditors assurance statement on social and environmental reporting.
“AXA’s business is to protect people over the long term. In this business, trust and solid relationships are paramount. Corporate Responsibility is the demonstration, step by step, day by day, that, through our actions, we deserve the trust of our stakeholders. We believe that we have a role to play in helping to create stronger and more sustainable societies. The current environment has created a lot of distrust but has also confirmed the need for robust and responsible companies. It is important now to re-emphasize how CR is an integral part of how we want to operate.” Henri de Castries, Chairman & CEO, AXA Group.
The 2008 Activity and Sustainable Development report can downloaded from www.axa.com/en/publications
Further information on CR at AXA: www.axa.com/en/responsibility
. Contact the CR team: firstname.lastname@example.org