Time: January 28, 2011 from 8:30am to 5pm
Location: AMD’s Lone Star Campus (LEED™ Gold Certified)
Street: Building 500, Learning & Development Classroom 440, 7171 Southwest Pkwy.
Website or Map: http://www.sustainablelifemed…
Event Type: course
Organized By: Marianne Condrup
Latest Activity: Jan 12, 2011
This specialized, detailed and highly focused course, provides also the necessary tools to turn your data into business decisions and show you opportunities to utilize your data in sustainability reporting, like GRI and others. The workshop also highlights reporting lessons learned from a Dow Jones Sustainability Index Leader.
Included will be an up to the minute look at the new WRI/WBCSD Scope 3 (Corporate Value Chain) Accounting and Reporting Standard (to be finalized by the end of 2010) that covers both up and down stream accounting for GHG emissions. The Workshop will highlight the difficulties of the GHG accounting beyond your own fence line and show opportunities and benefits of measuring the greenhouse gas emissions of your products and supply chains. The workshop will also reflect on the results of the WRI/WBCSD pilot study with sixty international companies.
The key modules to be covered include:
* KPI selection and integration into existing management systems
* Too much data? – How to avoid the “white noise” syndrome
* Identifying and managing relationships with stakeholders
* Conforming to environmental, economic and social performance indicators
* Planning and coordinating sustainability reporting process
* Reporting Lessons Learned from a Dow Jones Sustainability Index Leader
* Scope 3 Supply Chain Reporting Standards
* Up and Downstream data challenges
* Assuring quality of information, data and deciding on application levels
* Selecting and prioritizing material issues
* Scope 3 Pilot Study Feedback
Rainer Ochsenkuehn has over 15 years of international experience in sustainability consulting with a strong background in business strategy, management systems and finance. His expertise is focused on integration of management strategies to expedite resolution of complex natural resource issues. Rainer has extensive experience in the Automotive, Chemical, Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical Industry and consulted and audited various Fortune 500 and international companies, including Boeing, Siemens, Nissan, Ford, Honda, Evonik - Degussa, ISP, Marathon Petroleum, SUNOCO, Church & Dwight, Pfizer, BASF, Terra Industries, Arch Chemicals, Ashland Chemicals (Drew Division), PQ Corporation, Sandoz Pharmaceuticals, WR Grace, OMG, DSM, Delaware North Companies and others.
Rainer is currently serving as technical expert for the WRI/WBCSD Scope 3 GHG Protocol Supply Chain Initiative. He has worked in diverse geographic locations including most of the contiguous United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Trinidad & Tobago, India, Jordan, Belgium, Spain, United Kingdom and Germany.